Thisishenry

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Chinese Alcohol from 1980s

Chinese Alcohol from 1980s

View More


On Friday I was randomly invited to tour a Brewery along with the visiting group of Singapore high school students. It turns out the brewery exhibits poems from poets who only write while drunk; reliefs of Confucius - the Chinese thinker who defined their social order; a courtyard used by the Emperor; an insight into Chinese factory workers' lives and NO tasting opportunity!

I was bemused more than interested. What surprised me was the extent of choice in Chinese strong liquor! This side of the culture seems to be well hidden from foreigners. The alcohol on sale is all in excess of 45% strength.

Again and again I see that I should not make assumptions about any people. I suppose, again and again, I can see that underneath all people are the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home